When RL and WoW collide...in my head

Is it sad that I compare things like my daughter getting teeth to when Iowyn, my hunter graduated from leather to mail? Or her slow crawling being akin to getting travel from when I dinged 30 on Hio?
(Yes I said 30! I've been playing for a while, and back then, travel form came at 30, and you didn't get the 60% mount until you dinged 40. It made Stranglethorn Vale a wonderful pita, one that I avoided as much as I could once I learned about placed like Arathi, Southshore, and any other place than STV. Oh, and back then, Dustwallow had no goblin town, nor haunting spirits. it was just a marsh full of spiders and alligators. There was even less reason to go to Dustwallow then than there is now).
Is it weird that I think I can go fishing and catch fish within 15 seconds of my cast? That I have no inclination to even make lunch for myself between running heroics, However I'll spend 30 minutes fishing so I can have enough dragonfin filet for the food buff?
These thoughts tell me I love WoW too much. Ask my wife what she thinks of my fickle Azerothian mistress, but watch out for the venom spray (Unless you happen to have a cleansing totem put down already). But she puts up with it because she loves me and knows that I love her. but I also love WoW. Thank the light for my wife :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment