In the Beginning

In the Beginning...there was an empty blog. And Furbs siad "Let there be words". But nothing happened. So he typed them himself and grumbled about it.
First Post. What to write here?
I plan to use this blog to track some of my exploits in Azeroth, And sometimes, some real life content (heretofore known as RL) should creep in once in a while. So here we go.
One of the things I've been really focusing on as of late is balancing WoW and RL. My daughter just turned 1 last week. Needless to say its been an eventful last couple years for me. I met Kate in 2004 and we pretty much clicked right away. And not in a right-click left-click PC kind of way. I mean in a Mac one button does it all quite intuitively kind of way. We were living together in 2005, engaged in 2006, married in 2007, had our daughter in 2008, and have been together 5 years as of 2009. At first glance, this seems like a linear progression. (Much like leveling to 80 does when a newb sits at the character creation screen after watching his level 80 buddy melt face on all those level 2 kobolds in Northshire Valley with beautiful pyroblasts and bouncing arcane novas of death). However, in looking back, this has been anything but linear. Gear resets, new stats, expansions have all become commonplace in both RL and in WoW.

No comments:

Post a Comment