Playing the Paladin

The other half of my dynamic hybrid duo. Pauladapally has a unique name, I've looked and have not found another Pauladapally on any realm. I've debated making one on every server to make sure it stays that way. We will see.
Shortened to PdP (I don't like being called Paula for short for some reason), I levelled PdP for several reasons. Growing up in BC, every group and their dog had a Paladin Tank. They were by far, the best tank to take into an instance. So it seemed. I love PdP. She is powerful and beautiful and you are lucky if you ever get to group with her.
Pdp leveled as a retribution paladin, which is by far the best way to level. She switched to prot once she got to 70, and keeps a prot/ret talent build. Retribution is a lot of fun to play, and is hard to screw up. Not impossible, but difficult.
I feel it takes a special kind of player to level a paladin, and getting one to end game is like a badge of honor. The first 40 levels are so are spent auto-attacking and judging every 10 seconds. I think leveling a paladin is like watching a bad movie that has potential to get so much better. I pretty much leveled with the following attack sequence:
Cast Seal of... and then Judge seal of... Auto attack. Consecrate (if you have the mana).Auto attack.
Cast Seal of ... and then Judge Seal of...
Back in my day, seals were consumed with every judgment. This was extended with much fanfare to last 2 minutes before the seal expired, and then was changed to last the 30 minutes that it does now. Why can't pally blessings last 30 minutes like every other class? I dunno. Paladins have always been a special lot. Like I said, getting a pally to 80 is a badge of honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment